fonts for MathML

Hi all,

I'd like to know the situation of fonts for MathML.
As far as I know, to display MathML it need some TeX fonts,
Symbol fonts, and fonts of Mathematica4.1 and of MathType.
(cf. http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/fonts/)

Mathematica and MathType are, of course, commercial applications
and their fonts are not free (but one can download them).
However, there is a installer of these fonts for Windows in
a site of MIT.
(cf. http://web.mit.edu/ist/topics/webpublishing/mathml/index.html)

I think I've created packages for fonts of Mathematica4.1
and Symbol fonts (which is only a modification from a font
of gsfonts, so certainly free) at present and we have already
latex-xft-fonts package which provides, at least, part of TeX fonts.
I don't try MathType fonts which seem not so critical.

On the other hands, there is STIX project to provide free
fonts.  (cf. http://www.stixfonts.org/)
But it seems it is, at most, beta version and it is not yet
clear to me that it is free in a sence of DFSG.
(Unfortunately, I failed to download beta test version.)

So I'd like to know if it is better to wait STIX fonts,
if we can package Mathematica (and even MathType?) fonts in
non-free or not, or
if we need MathML fonts package in the first place.

I appreciate any information you know.

Thanks in advance.		2008-3-12(Wed)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima