Re: Buildd backlog and testing transition.

Le Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 10:45:31AM +0100, Florian Lohoff a écrit :

> So you might devote your time to
>
> a) Find the cause of the build crash
> b) Hunt down the kernel bug in 2.6.24
> c) Poke at the buildd admin to move the buildd to the new disk subsys

This is ridiculus and provocative. I have no interest in the MIPS
architecture, and all that I ask is that we can do our works
independantly. I would be happy to help by adapting my packaging work,
for instance by saving buildd time with less uploads and test disabling
on MIPS. But that was never requested, and even argued against. I do not
know what else to propose.

Why don't the MIPS porters support a request to let packages migrate to
testing while they find a solution? Why is it impossible to run the
kernel that was used before mid-january? When you will finally have
solved your problem, what will Debian have gained in having prevented
bugfixes to enter testing for two monthes? If it is impossible to set up
backup buildds nor to communicate with your buildd admin, then please do
not ask the whole project to wait for your problems to be solved, nor to
solve them for you.

Please let our pakcages migrate to testing.

Thanks for respecting our work,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org