Re: Google Summer of Code 2008

* Lucas Nussbaum (lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net) [080227 08:41]:
> On 27/02/08 at 00:42 +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > Google are running their Summer of Code programme again this year[1],
> > and if we want to take part again we need to apply between March 3rd
> > and March 12th. If we're accepted as a mentoring organisation, then
> > students will be able to apply to work with us up until the 1st
> > April. [2]
>
> Hi,
>
> I have had a problem with the way GSOC was handled in Debian in the past
> years.

so has someone noticed that in contrast to earlier years 100% of
the projects assigned to us also finished?

I know that among Google itself looks at that number.

There is something to be said for people who know the setting
they are going to work in. Debian being special and friendly and
all could be a huge dissappointment for all those that think they
can pick a fight here or start flamewars. :-)

/andreas