Re: git bikeshedding (Re: triggers in dpkg, and dpkg maintenance)

On Tue February 26 2008 2:05:50 pm Ian Jackson wrote:

> It is very unfortunate for git that most of its advocates want to
> adopt these almost unmanageable development practices along with the
> revision control software.

Yes, I agree.  And even more ironic that Linus himself doesn't think that its
appropriate for most projects, it appears.  And moreover, that the picture
that I have been getting -- and it sounds like you too -- about what is and
is not acceptable in the Linux kernel development is a more nuanced than it
appears.

Thread at:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/75035

Direct link to the messages from Linus:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/75064
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/75083
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/75150

but I would really suggest reading the whole thread.

-- John