Re: Google Summer of Code 2008

Hey,

> > > I'm not sure we will be able to reach a consensus on this, but my
> > > vote would be for this point.
>
> I'm not completely persuaded this is correct. Someone should explain
> why an existing contributor does not concentrate his/her efforts on
> the choosen project instead of wasting time in other tasks, and
> why a new contributor should not do that. I think it is a management
> problem, not a choice of contributors.
Mh.. yes this is correct.
But this is not the reason why I seconded this..
I seconded this as the Google Summer of Code is meant for people to get in
touch with open source projects and to get new contributors. And someone
who waits for FD/DAM or is already a DD is not really new to debian.

Just my 2c.

Greetings
Winnie

--