Re: Idea of Debian mascot

Hector Oron wrote:
> 2008/2/25, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de>:
>
> > What? You don't have a set of Toy Story Action Figures yet?
>
> Is not there an elephant on Toy Story Action Figures?
>
> As the huge amount of packages, architectures, documentations,
> translations, mail lists, ... that we have in Debian distribution
> makes Debian to have an _elephantastic_ size !

PostgreSQL already uses an elephant in their logo. While ths does not
preclude us from using it, it could be taken as an endorsement of one
particular DB engine, over others.

--
John H. Robinson, IV          jaqque@debian.org
                                                                 http  ((((

Disclaimer: I claim PostgreSQL is the best SQL DB we have in the
  archive.