Re: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> writes:
> also sprach Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> [2008.02.26.1018 +0100]:
>> I don't think a stuff Tux belittles Linux. I don't think a stuffed
>> animal would belittle Debian.
> Fine. I have other arguments: it would make it "yet another FOSS
> project with an animal mascot".

I hope that there are still a few other things about Debian that
distinguish us from other FOSS projects.

FWIW, I think the swirl is wonderful as logo. It can be read as sign for
everlasting expansion, or, in the other direction, converging to one
common goal [1].

On the other hand, I like the idea of a fluffy stuffed animal [2],
simply because Debian is not only a machine running with german
efficiency, but a community of like-minded people. I don't think a
stuffed animal paying tribute to this more social side of Debian would
belittle the project.

Marc

Footnotes:
[1]  ... albeit people might argue that Debian is running in circles
     around that common goal #-)
[2]  That would make it easier for me to find something nice for Pia [3]
[3]  http://blog.zobel.ftbfs.de/debian/assimilated
--
BOFH #448:
vi needs to be upgraded to vii