Re: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections

On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 19:48 +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Sam Hocevar <leader@debian.org> [2008.02.24.1316 +0100]:
> >    I also would like to spend some Debian money on a contest, similar to
> > the FreeBSD logo contest [2], to create a friendly mascot for the Debian
> > project (in a similar way to the Linux penguin or the GNU gnu) that we
> > can use where the logo is not enough. More on this in a few days.
>
> In the free software zoo, the Debian Swirl sticks out like no other
> logo. Do we have to get a mascot?

The same way Geppetto is fixing Pinocchio, Debian is always fixing Sid
(The boy that break it's toys) to turn it into stable.

Of course, Geppetto isn't a mascott...

I can think of a spider, which always makes a perfect web, even if you
break it. Also, the Beaver comes to my mind.

Franklin