Re: Idea of Debian mascot

Le Monday 25 February 2008 15:58:16 nic, vous avez écrit :
> hi together,
>
> I'm not quite sure how to properly use this debian-list (I should have
> read before, I know...).
>
> I spontaneously thought of an ant: It works hard, it's tough, well, and
> with a fat grin on its face. just a first idea: the 'debiant'. Just
> playing with words. I tried some rough sketches, but didn't like them.

Humm

<joke>

And why not a marmot ??

It's a nice beautifull little animal, and, according to WP,
"Marmots typically live in burrows, and hibernate there through the winter.
Most marmots are highly social, and use loud whistles to communicate with one
another, especially when alarmed."

And, the most important, it is sleeping half of the time  ! :-P

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/Marmot-edit1.jpg

</joke>

Romain