Re: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:07:20 +0200, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> said:

> On su, 2008-02-24 at 19:48 +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
>> also sprach Sam Hocevar <leader@debian.org> [2008.02.24.1316 +0100]:
>> >    I also would like to spend some Debian money on a contest,
>> >    similar to
>> > the FreeBSD logo contest [2], to create a friendly mascot for the
>> > Debian project (in a similar way to the Linux penguin or the GNU
>> > gnu) that we can use where the logo is not enough. More on this in
>> > a few days.
>>
>> In the free software zoo, the Debian Swirl sticks out like no other
>> logo. Do we have to get a mascot?

> We had a chicken[1]. We spent years actively getting rid of it.

        I loved the chicken. I had a character.

> [1] Technically speaking it was a penguin. But it was a youthful
> penguin, rebelling against its genetic heritage.

        Youthful, but with taste. I thought it gave us a better logo than
 the somewhat blah swirl.  But I lost that vote ....

        manoj
--
If only you knew she loved you, you could face the uncertainty of
whether you love her.