Re: news from mips?

Le Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 09:55:08AM +0100, Florian Lohoff a écrit :

> The mipsel buildd rem has a new disk and the buildd dir will be moved
> which will speed it up a lot (PIO vs DMA)

Dear Florian,

this is good news: we can see mipsel getting better on the buildd stats:

http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph2-week-big.png

However, it does not give much help for packages to migrate in testing:
the queue on the mips buildd is still growing. Is there any plan to
solve this problem ? Some packages are blocked for almost a month, and
judging from the absence of buildd logs for mips(el) for some packages
that recently migrated, it seems that the best way to deal with the
problem is to upload binary built elsewnere…

I know that it is not pleasant to hear, but again: for the package I
care about and that are waiting to be built on mips, I have never had
any evidence that they have users on this port. I would be glad to be
proven wrong, but in the meantime, we are delaying service to our users
for no benefit at all.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy