Re: Erlang on UltraSparc III (again)

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 04:33:23PM +0300, Sergei Golovan wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It looks like Erlang still routinely fails to build on lebrun buildd
> (sparc architecture, dual UltraSparc III). Though the were some
> changes because instead of bus error
> (http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=erlang&ver=1%3A12.b.1-dfsg-1&arch=sparc&stamp=1202857177&file=log)
> it reported internal compiler error
> (http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=erlang&ver=1%3A12.b.1-dfsg-2&arch=sparc&stamp=1203250875&file=log).
> The code compiled was the same, the toolchain versions were the same
> too, so I suppose the change was caused by kernel upgrade.

I can confirm that there is some serious problem. I've tried to
rebuild Erlang on SunBlade 1000 (which is Ultrasparc III) and I keep
getting non-reproducible falures (two "Bus Errors" in different
places, once aborted saying that the file is missing, and once just
hanged).

Unfortunately, I don't have a clue on how to even start debugging
something like this.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org