Re: dpkg-buildpackage now reorganizing debian/control Depends field??

Raphael Hertzog writes ("Re: dpkg-buildpackage now reorganizing debian/control Depends 	field??"):
> You're speaking of something that you have not understood. The order
> of packages listed in an OR has not changed... I am (of course) aware
> that the order has a meaning in that case.

The point is that the ordering of ANDs has a meaning too.  This isn't
documented (unfortunately) but I think it's reasonable to impose some
structure of this kind and if we already have situations which rely on
this ordering having some effect we should consider whether we can
codify and maintaine the current behaviour, rather than just ditching
it.

Ian.