Re: dpkg-buildpackage now reorganizing debian/control Depends field??

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> Please, revert this change.
>
> No. I don't see any good reason for that:
>
> 1/ I have yet to see a major breakage due to that, the worst has
> been changed dependencies on a built package due to choices of other
> alternatives in ORed dependencies of build-dependencies

Until APT is fixed to really discover the minimal set of packages,
ignoring order, this is a serious issue from my POV.

APT doesn't work that well on this cases and you can end installing
more packages then is really required.

For my, this is a good reason to not to do that before. Besides that,
would be nice to have contacted Deity team for this change since APT
is the major "user" of APT and we would have avoided this.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116