Re: the new style "mass tirage" of bugs

> Paul Wise wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 2:07 AM, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> >>  OTOH, maybe you're just too incompetent for that.
> >
> > Insulting contributors really isn't helpful Josselin.
> >

> But the same it true the other way around. Imho it's also not ok to
> insult DDs publically in the way jidanni did. We are all volunteers
> after all and ranting on a public mailing list doesn't help to improve
> the motivation (and doesn't magically fix the bugs).

But jidanni did not actually insult anyone, but just made a statement on the
current situation (possibly also expression his personal frustration). Our
social contract says that we must not hide problems - and indeed there is kind
of a problem, even though it's hard to blame anyone for it.

Nevertheless we should not use stop with the excuse that we are all volunteers.
Of course we are, but maybe there is something that can be done. What about the
following (happy flaming...): Let's just pick openoffice.org. Rene needs help.
It has 340 open bugs. We're somewhere around 1000 DDs. Makes 3 developers per
bug. Let's just randomly form teams of 3 from all DDs and assign a single bug to
each team. One week to submit a patch to the BTS.

There could be several positive outcomes: Many bugs get fixed or at least
somewhat acted upon. Randomly forming teams might result in new
teams/corporations for whatever else is to come. Hopefully at least one of each
team will have the necessary environment to reproduce the bug. Anotherone might
have the required knowledge of $LANG.

Well, just an idea.
Michael