Re: the new style "mass tirage" of bugs

"Paul Wise" <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> I'm very bad at doing this myself, but it is equally important for bug
> submitters to triage their own bugs, especially if they have lots or
> many old ones.

It's important for bug submitters to *confirm* their own bugs,
especially if newer versions of the package have been released.

That's not the same as *triage*, which is the process of making a
first-run estimate of the priority of each in a set of bugs. I'd say
that is *not* for the bug submitter to do, because bug submitter will
not be able to be sufficiently objective about the bugs they've
submitted.

--
 \     "Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country." |
  `\                                                  -- Steven Wright |