Re: Lintian over sensitivity?

Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> I am not a lawyer, but it is my understanding that in most parts of the
> world, you have to actually use the word "Copyright" (or one of the
> alternatives lintian lists), for a strictly valid copyright statement.
> The "copyrighted" you use is not, strictly speaking, the right form.

OTOH, it complains about this too (from installation-guide):
The Installation Guide is copyright 1996 Bruce Perens; 1996, 1997 Sven Rudolph;
1998 Igor Grobman, James Treacy; 1998-2002 Adam Di Carlo; 2003 Chris Tillman;
2004-2007 by the Debian Installer team, and by other contributors. It is
licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL, version 2.

This _does_ use the word "copyright", just not capitalized. Or is the capital
required too in most parts of the world?

Personally I think I'm just going to ignore this check (at least in this case).

Cheers,
FJP