Re: Debian mirror CDN had launched.

Hi,

On 2/18/08, Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 03:35:08PM +0100, Leo costela Antunes wrote:
> > [No need to CC me, I'm subscribed. Keeping the other CCs since I don't
> > know about their subscription status.]
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > ARAKI Yasuhiro wrote:
> > >   I announce I start cdn.debian.net.
> >
> > You could have announced work on this before, we could have joined
> > forces! :-)
> >
> > But I wonder, how do you guys deal with partial mirrors (in terms of
> > provided archs)? Do you support only full mirrors?
> > You don't have any architecture information, so I assume you can only
> > use mirrors which could provide all archs, right?
>
> And it looks to me like the mirror should also be available via
> "/debian".

Right. All mirrors of cdn.d.n are Full mirrors.
Because cdn.d.n uses DNS query only. Then cdn.d.n can not detect architecture.
If possible, we can make CDN for each architecture (cf. cdn-i386.d.n).

Assumption of each mirror site for cdn.d.n as followings,
(1) [MUST] Full mirror by rsync.  cdn.d.n checks /debian/project/trace
file to check mirror date and rsync distribution tree.
(2) [MUST] Top directory is located /debian/. (same locate for ftp.d.o)
(3) [MUST] HTTP Accessable.

--
ARAKI Yasuhiro