Re: dash bug which is affecting release goal

[Please do _only_ reply to the ML, I read it]

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 21:10 -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>>
>> FYI Ubuntu already made the switch some time ago and they have all of the
>> packages from unstable + some more.
>> By filling bug reports I try to reduce the impact of making the move that
>> in theory should be more than safe (except for two or three known bugs on
>> dash).
>
> I think you're ignoring Mike Bird's concern.  What about custom scripts,
> non-Debian things, user-written scripts, etc.?

They should be fixed as well, remember that as long as we continue using
bash as the default /bin/sh people who make the move will suffer the
consequences of people writing /bin/sh scripts which should really
be /bin/bash ones.
By the way, don't forget you have the choice of making bash the
default /bin/sh.

I've already changed my /bin/sh and I've found very very few
broken/missbehaving scripts.
And as a great pro my boot time is more than 50% faster now, not to mention
that the overall /bin/sh scripts run faster now.

> Thomas

Cheers,
Raphael Geissert