Re: Standardisation of the name of the patching targets included in debian/rules.

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 02:34:58PM +0000, Gerrit Pape wrote:
> > So please go for patch/unpatch.
>
> An unpatch target might be problematic.  There're packages with patches
> that touch the upstream Makefile, and calling 'make unpatch' before
> 'make clean' can break things; of course the clean target can depend on

Then just make unpatch depends on clean.

Anyhow, we were discussing naming here, that is the API for the package
maintainer to implement, while you seem to dig into details on how the
proposed target names should be internally implemented ...

Cheers.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/