Re: Introducing security hardening features for Lenny

On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 08:53:00PM +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Did you followup with upstream on the SSP problems we've seen
> on ARM?

Basicly their response was basicly "why would anyone want
5-10% bigger and slower binaries on arm". It was also discussed
the possibility of --disable-ssp we use on our current arm/armel
toolchain being broken. Once I have a bit more time I'll try
seeing what happens if you build gcc-4.3 with ssp enabled.

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups