Re: How to cope with patches sanely

also sprach Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> [2008.01.30.0458 +1100]:
> The easiest way I found to manage quilt patches with SVN in
> mergeWithUpstream mode is to extract the tarball in a temporary
> directory and to link the debian/ directory from the SVN repository. All
> modifications made to the quilt series are then done directly in the
> checkout. Of course, this is easily scriptable.

This is so highly annoying and the major reason for why I am looking
at alternative, better workflows. Temporary directories for this
sort of work, which is part of day-to-day, non-temporary work, are
a gross hack, IMHO.

microsoft: for when quality, reliability, and security
           just aren't that important!