Re: Correct spelling/capitalisation of project names

> * Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> [2008-01-12 09:11]:
>
> > Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@debian.org> writes:
> > > The name of the S-Lang library is sometimes wrongly spelled as "slang". It
> > > would be good to have this fixed but if you add a rule slang -> S-Lang in
> > > Lintian you will hit some false positives (like in packages ascii and
> > > jargon) because "slang" is an English word.
> >
> > Yeah, unfortunately I don't think lintian will be able to catch that one.
>
> Can't you add exceptions for some packages in the Lintian check?  The only
> packages in sid that use "slang" as an English word are ascii, jargon, and
> jargon-text.  Other packages that use "slang" or "SLang" mean actually the
> "S-Lang" library.

I gues SLang could safely be added, but adding some packages as exceptions would
mean changes to lintian every time a new packages (correctly) uses slang, which
would even mean that this should be done before some new package foo gets added
to the archive, otherwise people can't even upload lintian-clean packages...

If an slang check is introduced in lintian I'd rather opt for people overriding
this in their packages (following your reasoning that this concerns only very
few packages).

Best,
Michael