Future Debian package candidate web pages: present and future
The two web pages "Packages being worked on"  and
"Requested packages"  have several shortcomings:
* No sorting by age
* No importance/popularity tag of packages
* No combined requested-or-worked-on (== not packaged) view
* No easy status indicator, e.g. "license issues",
"upstream without maintainer", ...
Measuring popularity could be done either explicitly
(e.g. through votes) or implicitly (e.g. through
counting the number of people replying to a request).
With these features those pages would show better
what packages ...
* are potentially easy to package, therefore suitable
for motivated Debian rookies
* are really wanted
* are important though hard to package
* catching dust already
I think that a bit more infrastructure could do a lot
here, e.g. increase the package-per-minute rate.
Please let me know ...
* what you think
* how it can be done
* how I can help.
Yes, it's bullet list Thursday :-)
I hope to hear of you soon,