Re: Editing the sources in "debian/rules clean"

* Miriam Ruiz:

> 2007/12/26, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>:
>> This the issue, but I think it could be more widespread.  It turns out
>> that the package in question (tar) was last uploaded before the
>> autotools were finalized for etch, so the copying is not a no-op in this
>> particular case (but I hope that the update does not introduce
>> functional changes).
>
> Well, it seems quite widespread to copy autotools config.sub and
> config.guess files from autotools-dev in clean (I personally prefer to
> do that in configure, and to remove config.{sub,guess,log,status} in
> clean, so that diff files are cleaner, but I guess that might be
> personal taste), are you referring to that, or to something else?

Okay, okay.  It's probably a good idea.  I'm going to file a bug on
Policy.  I've no idea what the language addressing this should look
like, but I think we really should bring Policy closer to existing
practice (and not the other way round, as I first thought).