Re: Which spell checkers to include by default?

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:06:16 +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> said:

> [Brian M. Carlson]
>> Note that the w* packages provide word lists, which are important to
>> many programs.  One could argue that a standard Unix system should
>> have a word list; at least, every Unix system I have used provides
>> one.

> OK.  Which programs?  I was only aware of ispell.

        Well, I am not a program, but I often use /usr/share/dict/words
 (I have not yet been able to train my fingers not to look for
 /usr/dict/words) directly, and also as test data for code snippets i
 write.

        We should not change out aspects of the system that users have
 come to depend on, if it can be helped.

        manoj
--
Exercise caution in your daily affairs.