Re: gcc-snapshot for testing

On la, 2007-12-15 at 00:34 +0300, Dmitry E. Oboukhov wrote:
> Thank You for the link, however I consider my proposal actual
> nevertheless. Because using of testing area will provide some guarantees
> for the gcc-snapshot package to be workable.

Having packages in testing that are not meant for the next release is
even worse than having such packages in unstable. It means that we're
testing something different than what will be released, and that
complicates QA. The bad effects are not, in my opinion, compensated by
the benefits of having a few people be able to play with one more
snapshot version of gcc with a bit more ease.