Re: Unmet dependencies on Sparc when building wordnet and fslview

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 12:59:38PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
On 11/12/2007, Michael Hanke wrote:
Sparc is the only architecture that fails to build and I cannot easily
see the reason. All packages mentioned above seem to be available for
sparc.

They used not to be.

Yes. Until fairly recently, sparc buildds were affected by #433187. This meant that the buildds tended to become unusable very quickly due to those futex problems. Apparently, DSA has installed new kernels, judging by the huge number of sparc packages on incoming yesterday.

I'd be glad if somebody could confirm that this is actually the
problem and what caused it in the first place.

Either the architecture was behind for some reason.

It was. Because of the futex problem, important dependencies didn't get built, which resulted in your package (and everyone else's) not getting built. Just give it back, and it will build eventually.

HTH.

+1 713 440 7475 | http://crustytoothpaste.ath.cx/~bmc | My opinion only
a typesetting engine: http://crustytoothpaste.ath.cx/~bmc/code/thwack