Re: Using sgid binaries to defend against LD_PRELOAD/ptrace()

Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org> writes:

> That would be ideal, of course. Does ELF support anything like that?

AFAICT, it should be possible to use a custom .note.* or .gnu.*
section for such purposes.  I'm not an ELF expert, though.

> P.S. Please honour m-f-t, thanks.

Sorry about that; I read most debian lists via GMANE, and have not yet
worked out how to tweak Gnus to honor it automatically.  I'll try to
keep an eye out, and have taken care to include you directly on this
reply.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu