Re: Is menu orphaned? (Was: Debian Menu transition status)

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 11:10:29AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Bill Allombert wrote:
>
> >Actually this is not true: You can just add
> >!C menu-1
> >to the start of each files (or each menu-1 files if you prefer)
> >before concatening them.
> >Menu change format each time it see a !C request, even inside a file.
>
> OK, this hint (is it documented somewhere?) would probably help

Not yet, though you are welcome to provide a patch for the menu
manual.

> to fix cdd-common easily.  But my question regarding the general
> menu strategy obviousely remains.

My strategy is simply to let developers experiment with the menu-2
format.  If at one point we decide that menu-1 is too ugly to be kept,
we could deprecate it, but we are not there yet.

Cheers,
Bill.