Should download managers offer some virtual package?

It's been brought to my attention that liferea, while being able to
use wget, curl, gwget and kget to download feed attachments, does not
Recommend or Suggest any of them, or their alternatives.

Since I'd rather not maintain a long list of possible file
downloaders, I tried but failed to find some virtual package I could
Recommend for that functionality. Thus, this query: Would it be
reasonable for such packages to provide one? What would be the propper
name?