Re: old homepage pseudo-field (future mass-bug filing?)

Quoting Stefano Zacchiroli (zack@debian.org):
> Hi, at http://sockmel.bononia.it/~zack/homepage-field/ I'm collecting
> some numbers about the usage of the new homepage field in debian/control
> vs that of the old pseudo-field in package description.
>
> There should be all the info needed for a wish-list mass-bug filing ([1]
> is a direct link to a dd-list, so that people can check for false
> positives), though right now is probably too early (4'000 packages to
> go), but I'm not sure about the current policies for mass-bug filings.

May I point you to http://wiki.debian.org/DpkgHomepageFieldTransition ;?

A plan is detailed there, which is the consequence of discussions back
in September.

IIRC (I can't check online right now), it was agreed that a lintian
check would help a lot *before* the MBF, in order to minimize the size
of the MBF.

If you automate some data collection (which is good), I suggest you
link this on that wiki page.