Re: RC buggy package migrated to testing

"Shaun Jackman" <sjackman@gmail.com> writes:

> On Nov 24, 2007 11:05 PM, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> > Because there's no version information on bug #449176, so britney
> > concludes that both the old and new versions of the package are
> > equally buggy.
>
> That does not seem like a very safe default behaviour. When a new RC
> bug has been submitted, it's a rather likely situation that the bug is
> present in unstable and wasn't present before.

I don't see how you get the "and wasn't present before" part of that.
Surely this is exactly what version tagging is for?

--
 \     "I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury."  -- |
  `\                                                      Groucho Marx |