Re: Bits from the DPL: DSA and a few other things

On 11/3/07, Sam Hocevar <leader@debian.org> wrote:
[snip]
> Nexenta
> -------
>
>    After meeting Michael Man and several Sun people at Debconf and
> seeing Michael's great talk[1] I got really convinced that
> the technology present in OpenSolaris could benefit Debian in many
> ways. And the shortest path to there seemed to be Nexenta[2].
>
>    I am currently discussing the possibility of having a Nexenta
> machine accessible to Debian developers to port and test their
> packages. I also suggested the Nexenta people to submit patches
> directly to Debian and try to join friendly packaging teams. Please
> be nice to them!

Awesome news! I've been reading more and more about Nexenta these
days. I was thinking it was a matter of time before some kind of
Nexenta+Debian synergy happens.

I might be tempted to actually install Nexenta on a vm just to play
around with it! Solaris really gets in my nerves (but I have to deal
with it like it or not). **dreaming** If only Debian did what Solaris
does (or Nexenta was like Debian is)...

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur
fbsgjner jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------