Re: VCSs on Alioth and personal repositories

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:50:39 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> said:

> So, personal repositories shouldn't really be needed; if they are they
> can be setup on people.debian.org and we won't need to discuss which
> URL scheme we need: happy anarchy to everyone :)

> Seriously, I don't see the need to prescribe the structure of personal
> repositories ...

        Even if we have a well defined schema on $VCS.d.o/private/,
 people can still set up stuff on people.d.o, and be as nihilistic as
 they wish.  So the well defined schema for $VCS.d.o is in addition to
 whatever people do on on people.d.o; and provides a structure third
 parties can rely upon.

        Why _not_ have both?

        manoj
--
You plan things that you do not even attempt because of your extreme
caution.