Re: why MIA database restricted only for DDs

2007/10/16, Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org>:
> > I guess I'm being a bit the advocate of the Devil here, but isn't that
> > as invasive of their privacy as having direct access to the MIA
> > database? :P XD
> >

> No, a mia-query contains private information, stuff like: "started a new job
> promised work again in his/her packages soon". It is not exaclty the same that
> tell you whether this maintainer is already being tracked.
> Another option is sent a mail to mia AT qa.debian.org stating why you think this
> maintainer is MIA, and the mia team will track if needed.

Then, back to the original proposal, wouldn't it make sense to have a
public binary database stating if a person is MIA or not and just that
info? It might be quite useful to us, non-DDs, it won't invade
anyone's privacy and I don't think it would be difficult to implement.

Greetings,
Miry