Re: why MIA database restricted only for DDs

"Miriam Ruiz" <little.miry@gmail.com> writes:

> 2007/10/16, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>:
>> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
>> >     Is there any reason why the database containing maintainers MIA (missing
>> > in action)
>>
>> It's unlikely to change. If you need to make a query about a specific
>> developer, please join on #debian-qa on irc.debian.org and ask someone
>> there to check mia-query for you. They will tell you if he's already
>> recorded in the database or not.
>
> I guess I'm being a bit the advocate of the Devil here, but isn't that
> as invasive of their privacy as having direct access to the MIA
> database? :P XD

Well, I supose whoever is doing the relaying will filter out anything
not directly relevant to the question of being MIA. And I think that's
not a private question, since it's a question about one's _package
maintainer persona,_ not about one's private life.