Re: why MIA database restricted only for DDs

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> 2007/10/16, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>:
> > On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> > >     Is there any reason why the database containing maintainers MIA (missing
> > > in action) is available only for DDs? The developers-reference.pdf tells to
> > > use mia-query for this (chapter 7). But the command is on a Debian machine
> > > which can only be accesses by DDs. Can this be changed?
> >
> > It's unlikely to change. If you need to make a query about a specific
> > developer, please join on #debian-qa on irc.debian.org and ask someone
> > there to check mia-query for you. They will tell you if he's already
> > recorded in the database or not.
>
> I guess I'm being a bit the advocate of the Devil here, but isn't that
> as invasive of their privacy as having direct access to the MIA
> database? :P XD

Clearly no. The information is given to some people only instead of being
available to the entire (anonymous) Internet. Furthermore, we don't
disclose details as to why the maintainer might be MIA and so on, we just
tell them whether it's worth filing new information in the MIA file of the
investigated developer. :-)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog