Re: Handling of poorly maintained and useless packages

Steve Greenland wrote:

> On 12-Oct-07, 02:13 (CDT), Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
> wrote:
>> Proposed workflow
>> -----------------
>> Suspicious packages are found by combining different metrics into a
>> scoring system:
>> - popcon score
>
> You might need to be a little careful with this one. A package can be
> quite useful to a small audience. I don't have any specific examples,
> but I can imagine such a package that is stable (thus unfrequently
> updated) and might well be the only source of such functionality. Of
> course, such a package wouldn't have a bunch of RC bugs, either.

I do have an example: dak.

> Regarding other comments, I think the one month/two month periods are
> bit short - people do take vacations.

Talking about this topic, there should be a way for maintainers (non-DDs) to
say they are on holidays in a similar way DD's do in db.d.o

If a maintainer says he will be on holidays for two months, people could
then do NMU's if needed without having to wait a month or so to see whether
the maintainer replies or not.