Re: Handling of poorly maintained and useless packages

On 12-Oct-07, 02:13 (CDT), Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> Proposed workflow
> -----------------
> Suspicious packages are found by combining different metrics into a
> scoring system:
> - popcon score

You might need to be a little careful with this one. A package can be
quite useful to a small audience. I don't have any specific examples,
but I can imagine such a package that is stable (thus unfrequently
updated) and might well be the only source of such functionality. Of
course, such a package wouldn't have a bunch of RC bugs, either.

Regarding other comments, I think the one month/two month periods are
bit short - people do take vacations.

Other than that, good proposal.

Steve

--