Re: Handling of poorly maintained and useless packages

On 2007-10-12, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:

[snip]
full ack to whatever you wrote here - and thank you for your nice work
with this.

> It's important to decide on reasonable delays.
> - If the procedure takes too long, it will be discouraging

I think that your proposed "times" falls slightly into this category.

> - If the procedure is too short, decisions will be contested
> I think that the following makes sense:
> - For packages where orphaning was proposed: 50 days

1 month

At least in cases where there is interested people in taking over, I
think we need to be able to move "faster" than 50 days.

> - For packages where removal was proposed: 100 days

2 month
(But this one is not that important)

> So, what do you think about that? Any proposed changes?

/Sune