seeking: Ian Jackson

iwj@d.o expands to a greenend.org.uk address, and the mx for that
domain refuses to accept my mail.

<ianXXXXXXXX.greenend.org.uk>: host
    mx-relay.chiark.greenend.org.uk[212.13.197.229] said: 550
    invalid MAIL-FROM: Error during DNS MX lookup for
    lapse.madduck.net: DNS alias found where canonical name wanted
    [Irritated] (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Yes, lapse.madduck.net is a CNAME (*c*anonical *name*) to an MX RR,
and that's RFC-compliant ttbomk. If it is not, I would appreciate if
someone shoved the relevant sections into my face.

In the mean time, I'd be grateful if Ian gave me a means to
communicate with him. Or if someone would offer to relay a message
to him.

The spammers have long won if people put such boulders in the way of
communication. Oh wait, I doubt spammers use CNAMEs...

"although occasionally there is something to be said for solitude."
                                          -- special agent dale cooper