Re: Firefox bugs mass-closed.

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 01:27:40PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:

>   I don't miss the point, you miss the fact that the way exists, and is
> marking the bug as "found" in a specific version. It's not a task that
> only the submitter can perform, the maintainer can do that, and it will
> prevent pings in that case. (see the control@ refcard if you're
> confused, around the found/notfound fixed/notfixed commands).

No, both bits are useful - the point is to record how easy it is to
reproduce a bug, not if it has been reproduced with a particular
version.  Compare, for example, a machine-specific bug in the X server
(which can only be reproduced by someone with that particular hardware)
with a bug where a program crashes on a particular input file (which can
be reproduced by anyone with the relevant file).