Re: Firefox bugs mass-closed.

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 08:16:28PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 09:47:40AM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:

> > It might help to do something like use the confirmed tag to flag reports
> > which can readily be reproduced or which otherwise don't need the
> > submitter to confirm them.  This would mean that those bugs could be

>   Confirmed is not versionned. The fact that it was confirmed at one
> point does not means that the bug is still here. In that regard, using
> "found" with the proper version is better, as it tracks versions, and
> can more efficientely prevent new pings when no new upstream was
> released.

You're missing the point here.  What I said was that it would be an idea
to use this for "bugs which can readily be reproduced or or which
otherwise don't need the submitter to confirm them" and that this means
that there is no need to ping the submitter to confirm that they are
present in a given version.  Doing this would allow pings to be done
more intelligently - most of the times people get annoyed with mass
pings it seems to be because they've been pinged about some trivially
reproducible bug.