Re: Firefox bugs mass-closed.

Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le lundi 01 octobre 2007 à 20:00 +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek a écrit :
> > Since this particular bug is trivial to reproduce (ls ~/.mozilla/firefox/),
> > it would appear that the Firefox maintainers are mass-closing bug
> > reports without even checking what they are about.
>
> And that is a good thing. If the submitter doesn't care of the bug
> enough to reply in the next six weeks, there is no reason to let the bug
> rot.

That's a depressing statement, I hope that opinion about the value of
bug reports is in the minority.

We encourage people to not file duplicate bug reports, and check the BTS
first. So I check the BTS, the bug is there, I don't file a new one (I
do send a "me too"). 6 weeks later, the bug is closed because the
submitter's email is bouncing and he's on vacation anyway.

--
see shy jo