Re: Firefox bugs mass-closed.

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 09:47:40AM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 07:11:56AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
>
> > So, well, despite all arguments developed by Joey in this thread, I
> > still think that mass pings can really help maintainers in their work,
> > particularly when someone takes over a package that has been neglected
> > for some time.
>
> It might help to do something like use the confirmed tag to flag reports
> which can readily be reproduced or which otherwise don't need the
> submitter to confirm them.  This would mean that those bugs could be
> excluded from mass pings and we'd therefore avoid irritating users by
> asking them to respond on issues which can readily be tested.  This
> would need some discipline triaging incoming bugs but it'd be useful, I
> think.

  Confirmed is not versionned. The fact that it was confirmed at one
point does not means that the bug is still here. In that regard, using
"found" with the proper version is better, as it tracks versions, and
can more efficientely prevent new pings when no new upstream was
released.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit