Re: Firefox bugs mass-closed.

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 07:11:56AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> So, well, despite all arguments developed by Joey in this thread, I
> still think that mass pings can really help maintainers in their work,
> particularly when someone takes over a package that has been neglected
> for some time.

It might help to do something like use the confirmed tag to flag reports
which can readily be reproduced or which otherwise don't need the
submitter to confirm them.  This would mean that those bugs could be
excluded from mass pings and we'd therefore avoid irritating users by
asking them to respond on issues which can readily be tested.  This
would need some discipline triaging incoming bugs but it'd be useful, I
think.