Re: Firefox bugs mass-closed.

Le lundi 01 octobre 2007 à 20:00 +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek a écrit :
> Since this particular bug is trivial to reproduce (ls ~/.mozilla/firefox/),
> it would appear that the Firefox maintainers are mass-closing bug
> reports without even checking what they are about.

And that is a good thing. If the submitter doesn't care of the bug
enough to reply in the next six weeks, there is no reason to let the bug
rot.

> While I realise that it is sometimes difficult to deal with hundreds
> of old bug reports, there are other ways of dealing with this kind of
> issue, such as tagging old bugs when they lack submitter input, or at
> least going through old reports to check whether the information they
> contain is useful.

Simply tagging bug reports is going, in the end, to have a useless BTS
filled with thousands of bug reports that we don't know whether they
still apply or not.

I'm quite shocked by your reaction against someone who kindly
volunteered to sort the huge load of Mozilla-related bugs, because it is
a long and boring task that we are missing manpower for.

> I certainly did not expect this kind of approach from Debian.
>
> I would like to recommend
>
>     http://www.jwz.org/doc/cadt.html
>
> which succintly summarises the impression this kind of action gives.

Quoting JWZ while talking of respecting people is not going to make your
point.

Cheers,