Re: Shared libraries, dependencies and symbols files

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007, Luca Capello wrote:
> It seems it doesn't take experimental into account:
>  http://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/mole/seedsymbols?pkgname=libthinkfinger0

Yes I know.

I support sid only because that's what matters for preparing our next
release. There's no good reasons in optimizing dependencies inside
experimental...

If you want to help and add support of experimental in an second Mole DB,
you're welcome! ;-)

> > In other cases, most of the architectures are in sync and some
> > special architectures are creating troubles. It looks like hurd-i386
> > is currently causing me lots of troubles for example on pango:
> > http://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/mole/seedsymbols?pkgname=libpango1.0-0
> >
> > Pango export the same set of symbols across architectures but
> > apparently hurd-i386 is an exception that makes my script believe
> > otherwise.
>
> I think asking on debian-hurd@ is worth it ;-)

Yes. But I don't have the monopoly on the right to ask... :-)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog