Re: Firefox bugs mass-closed.

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 09:34:56PM +0000, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> What Joey and I are specifically complaining about are three bugs that
> we have described in enough detail and that are trivial to reproduce.
> The maintainer did not send us personal mail asking for help; he sent
> us an automated mass mailing threatening to discard our perfectly
> valid reports unless we take some arbitrary action.
>
> This is clearly not the case that you are describing.

  I'm trying to discuss a sensible default pinging mechanism for bugs
that matters the most. And the fact that the bug is trivial to reproduce
is irrelevant: when it's one bug among 1000 others, you don't have the
time to check if this particular one is fixed or not.

  And yes, 1-3k bugs is the amount of bug a team like: X, KDE, Gnome,
firefox, … has to deal with. Don't ask them to do more than what is
humanly doable please.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit